Wow! Stargrace tagged me in a meme. I'm very touched, and appreciative of her doing so. She is a great friend, and an excellent writer, so head over there and check out her blog if you haven't yet.
In any event, Here is the MEME:
"This award is bestowed upon a fellow blogger whose blog content or design is, in the giver's opinion, brilliant."
Now, I know for SURE that the little bits and bobs of writing I've actually placed on here (few and far between to be honest) are short of anything resembling brilliance. However, since this is my first MEME tag I'm going to leap into it with GUSTO! Here are the rules:
1. When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to the said person so everyone knows she/he is real.
2. Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don't have seven friends. Show the seven random victims' names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were pized with Honest Weblog. Well, there's no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
3. List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass it on!
How exciting!!! I have a TON of bloggers I read. I may have some trouble getting comments posted (for some reason many blog sites HATE my work computer, which makes me a blog lurker most of the time) but I'll get a message to them somehow. So, in no particular order whatsoever, here we go...
The Ancient Gaming Noob - Great writing that encompasses a weekly gaming group, interesting stories about Eve Online, and truly heartwarming family gaming.
Bannable Offenses - The rantings of GM Dave never fail to amuse me. Even though my career in FFXI was short lived, I love to hear about his exploits working on the game. And of course there's Susan. EVERYONE loves Susan!
Shattered - I enjoy reading Kasul's take on the various games that he plays, and hope to spend some more time in game with him in the near future. I think we'll have a blast journeying through Middle Earth together.
Dragon Chasers - A circular tag, since Pete tagged Star who tagged me, but whatever. :-) Pete's writing is interesting and fun, and lot of his thoughts about gaming are similar to my own. Many times I'll find myself nodding my head as I read through his posts about this and that.
West Karana - I think you would be hard pressed to find a gaming blogger participating in this meme who DOESN'T link to West Karana. Tipa is the most prolific writer and gamer I've ever met. How she finds the time to play all the games she is into, and write intelligently about them, and create her AiM comics, and get her finger into all the other things she pokes into, as well as maintaining a life, job and sanity, I will never know. My hat is off to this very classy lady.
Gnewton's Journey - Gnewton is a gnome I know. We played together for a while in the Nostalgia guild Tipa put together in EQ1 last year. While we don't see as much of each other in game any more, I enjoy checking in on his blog every now and again. His journeys, both in and out of game, are inspirational for all of us.
Ommatidia - While not really a blog, but still able to be loaded into Google Reader, Ommatidia is an ABSOLUTELY FASCINATING creative writing experiment. Each "post" is limited to 101 words, and is used to further the story of one of the many characters that the author has created. They are not continuous and rarely is the same character written about day to day, but the various vignettes come together into a cohesive story "whole" (for lack of a better term) that is enthralling. This is one of the sites that I most look forward to reading each day.
Whoo!! Limiting it to just seven is tough! Hopefully you find one or two bloggers you haven't read before and will be adding them to your regular reading schedule.
Now for the facts:
1. I love my 18 year old cat Tobie more than anything, and every time I think about losing him I start to tear up.
2. I miss my family on the west coast terribly, and look forward to moving back home in the next year or two.
3. I like to eat brussel sprouts. With garlic. And salt. YUM!
4. I have more Lego than I know what to do with.
5. I am an Aries through and through. I exhibit just about every trait associated with this sign (both positive and negative) to a "T."
6. I have more games (video, computer, console, handheld, board, card) than I know what to do with.
7. I danced ballet for 10 years after high school, and miss it a great deal. Especially around Christmas, when I'm NOT dancing in the Nutcracker.
8. I have more Magic:The Gathering cards than I know what to do with.
9. I could be the poster child for ADHD.
10. I need to exercise more. A lot more. (Points to the Wii Fit gathering dust in the living room)
And there you have it. My first Meme! Fun for EVERYONE!
6 years ago